Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

36 Week Appointment

I've had this horrible pelvic (and butt) bone pain the past couple of days - it actually feels like I went on a 25+ mile bike ride after not having been on a bike in a really long time!  So at my appointment this morning I of course asked the doctor if this was normal and she assured me it was.  She proceeded to perform the exam and low and behold, Baby Rozman is head down and low....I'm already 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced!  I was pretty surprised....but I'm not going to get all excited and anxious because I know it could still be awhile before her big debut, however, it made me feel better about the uncomfortable pain I've been experiencing.  There is a reason for it at least!  The doctor told me to hold off for a couple more days/weeks since she has five patients at the hospital next door that are either being induced or having C-sections today.  I told her not to worry...as ready as I am to meet this little girl, I have a pre-natal massage scheduled for this afternoon and a belated Valentine's Day celebration with my husband this evening! :) 

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the pelvic/butt pain! It was horrible for me with both pregnancy's and i had it starting at like 20 weeks...and it continued to get worse as i got closer. it is miserable...it would keep me up at night. ANYWAYS! the good news is...you won't have to put up with it too much longer :) :) :)

Background