Is it because we had our childbirth class last Saturday that every day I now wake up thinking - today could be the day? My water could break, I could start contractions, etc....and then that leads to....what if it happens at work or at the wedding we have this weekend or even worse, when I'm home by myself!? Then, oh my gosh, what if Steve is on shift and I have to get ahold of him and they need to find someone to cover for him? How long will that take and when will he be home? So many thoughts in this head of mine about how all of it will happen and when...I know she will arrive when she is ready, but when will that be exactly?
Other thoughts lately....are we ever going to decide on the right name for this little girl, will she be healthy and happy (which I pray for first and foremost every night before I go to bed and when I wake in the morning), who will she look like, will my parents be here in time to see their first granddaughter being born, will my Mama (grandma) get to meet her first great grand daughter? I am sure that every mother has all these thoughts going through their heads as they prepare for their first, second, third child....but holy cow, how do you deal with all of it?! Normally I would have a glass of wine and sit in the bath tub, but a) I can't drink and b) I can't get in and out of the bath tub (HA!).
I'll hopefully be able to answer all of these questions in the next couple of weeks - 4 weeks from Saturday to be exact (although it could be sooner, like next week or later, like March 15th!). UGH, the anticipation!!!
Oh, and there was another important question I had, but at the moment, I completely forget what it was and now it is driving me crazy - oh yeah, does this forgetfulness EVER go away!?

1 comment:
HA! Just wait...the questions NEVER end, even after she arrives :) It is only just beginning my friend :)
Post a Comment