Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

'Tis the season to spread holiday cheer....

And what better way is there than Christmas cards from your loved ones?  I have always loved spending time selecting the perfect card, writing a personal note to the individual(s) who will receive it, sealing, stamping and dropping off a stack of cards at the post office.  This was all done knowing that when the other person received the envelope, it would bring a smile to their face (and mine!).  But even better than finding the perfect box of pre-made cards....creating your own with photos of your family making memories together! 

Last year I sent out photo cards (much to hubby's dismay at first) of us in the Keys while I was about half-way through my pregnancy with Mia.  Now that our sweet baby girl is here and we will be enjoying our first holiday season as a family of three, I can already imagine the fun I will have making this year's Christmas card.  The only problem is....deciding which design I like best from Shutterfly's (http://www.shutterfly.com)
endless options....oh, and deciding which of the hundreds of photos of my little girl dressed in her holiday best will be used for the card.  Oh, the possibilities.....

Some of my favorites this year include the Sweet and Retro, Elegant Lace Snowflakes, and Starlight Snowflakes.  Of course if I can't decide on just ONE picture, then I would have to go with something like Modern Merry Squares, Cinnamon Candy Lace or get crazy with the Family Wall Red.  Although I do have a lot to say at times (me, really!?) and could go with the Christmas Letter...like I said, endless possibilities!!  Thankfully it is easy to upload (http://www.shutterfly.com/upload-pictures) all your pictures and then go to town with trying out all the different options, sizes, etc.  I know regardless of the lay-out that I choose, our family and friends will love receiving a beautiful card with our baby girl smiling back....and really, who can resist those big blue eyes? 

Check out this link (http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery) if you want to try one free 5x7 greeting or stationary card - a great chance to see it in person before sending it to all your loved ones!

Happy card making!! :)

1 comment:

Susie said...

any card will be perfect because that baby doll's face will be on it. She could make anything look beautiful. Love her...and you

Background