Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Survived....

Or I should say, WE all survived....my first trip away from Mia that is!  I went to a conference in San Antonio, Texas for 3 1/2 days (I'm sure I could give you the hours and minutes if you wanted because they were some of the longest minutes of my life!) and Steve was home with Mia by himself, which is a long stretch of time to be a single parent.  Now I am used to having her all day when he is on shift or when I take her to the sitter's, then head off to work for the day, only to pick her up and get home to take care of her and Tripp by myself until bed time, which is when I finally get to eat dinner and sit down for the first time all day (not that I'm complaining, but it is A LOT to do by yourself and I couldn't imagine doing that every day!).  So I think the hubby has a new appreciation for what I do when he is gone....and how you really can't get anything done when you are home by yourself. 

I don't think it helped that she was up a good portion of the night on Saturday before I left bright and early the next morning.  I tried to rock her, but she would scream when I tried to lay her back down, so hubby came to the rescue and slept on the couch for roughly 3 hours with her so I could get some sleep.  It wasn't fun for any of us, but thankfully she slept fairly well the time I was away (or at least hubby sugar-coated it so I wouldn't feel any worse that I already did!). 

So after landing at PBI and getting my luggage, finding the car in the parking garage and making it home in record time, baby girl was down for her nap....sigh!  I think she must have known that mommy was back because she wasn't asleep yet when I walked in the door.  After some time of staring at the monitor, Steve gave me the OK to go up and get her (he is very regimented about her napping schedule since he is home with her most days) and when I walked into her nursery and that sweet little bald head popped up, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear!  As I picked her up, she started giggling, stroked my face and looked right into my eyes, as if to say, "I missed you momma and am so glad you are back!  I don't know where you went, but you are back where you belong, thank you!"  Melt.My.Heart!!!

Three and a half days was a long time in her world (mine too!) and in that short time, I feel like she grew up on me!  She started kneeling and is now pretty much pulling up to standing in her crib, so that night we lowered the mattress down to the next level.  I am not ready for her to be a "big girl," but I guess it is inevitable....

Back in the old days when the mattress was all the way up....I love how she would pop her head up immediately when she heard the door open and you could see her smiling at you over the top of the rail!

Why are you guys doing this to me?  Now I have to pull myself up so I can see out of my crib!


No comments:

Background