Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Orangacado....

So I'm a little behind on my belly pics and skipped right over week 15 (orange) - where did that week go?! -but managed to get a picture in week 16 (avacado)!  Baby Roz is doing great and is still trying to make up his/her mind about whether or not to make a permanent appearance right now!  My work pants are starting to feel a little more snug, but I have managed to get away with not wearing anything from the maternity department at this point, although I'm not sure how much longer that will last!  I just feel like I'm in that in-between stage right now - not comfortable in my normal clothes, but not big enough to wear anything "maternity" because everything is too big and baggy.  Just waiting for that day when I open my closet and end up on the floor crying because nothing fits!! :(

We had our monthly visit last Thursday and everything is right on track, the baby's heart beat is very strong and loud (Steve said it reminds him of Tripp's after he does race track laps around the house - lovely how our baby is being compared to the dog!), and we discussed the dreaded topic of the flu season and the H1N1 vaccine that is now out in some states.  To get the shot or not to get the shot is the question?  It really freaks me out when there is so little research or testing done and they highly recommend that pregnant women be the first to get the vaccine.  I think if anything, I will wait a couple weeks to see how those that do get it are affected....but will get my regular flu shot tomorrow morning (the first time in many, many years!).  I figure it is probably a good idea since I will be flying next week...better safe than sorry!


Besides celebrating our anniversary last month, we also celebrated hubby's 33rd birthday!  I managed to pull off a surprise get-together at our fave tiki bar without him finding out.  It was great to celebrate with so many friends and enjoy a night out listening to our friends' band, catching up, and of course throwing back a few drinks (or water in my case!). 


Happy birthday to the dad-to-be!! We love you :)

1 comment:

April said...

I love you and I can't wait to be the BEST Aunt in the world! I'm so lucky to be part of this day. I knew I moved to Florida for a reason. :) Love you big sis!!!

Background